Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Some might say we weren't serious hunters...we did get a bit distracted by the opportunity we found to make homemade snow cones




And then, the sticks. What boy can hike through the wilderness without finding every torch, sword, and light saber out there? The mountains are full of these wonderful things.
Behold the power of the stick!!


We did manage to remember our real purpose and found our perfect tree.


Here they are hauling it back to the van.
This is my favorite picture from the day. I made the twins take off their boots before they got in the van. I went to pick up the boots, and stopped and looked at them, and had this immediate gush of emotion wash over me. These boots so symbolize my little boys. They wear them whenever they can. They are the first shoes I could ever get them to keep on their feet. (they are notorious for stripping off socks and shoes at the most inconvenient times) They love being cowboys, hunters, etc with them. The twins, like the boots, are two of a kind, and usually always right next to each other. Just love this picture.

And finally, the tree on top of the van!
Another successful tree hunt. Let the HOLIDAYS begin!









6 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

So wish I had the energy to do this, but I don't. Plus, I have bad memories that include using a bandanna for toilet paper from the one and only time I did venture out for a real tree from the forest. I'll tell you about it sometime, or not.

SassyMonkey said...

that's a beauty! and half the fun is the trek and what you can find on the way, besides the perfect tree.

megantonesforever said...

I love your tree tradition.

megantonesforever said...

Sorry, wasn't done. Just look at Randy in his hot mountain-manish way. That sounds bad.

shauna/doug said...

I admire your tenacity and courgage takeing the clan out in the frozen countyside. As I remember I was happy just going down to the corner tree coral and getting the first tree I though your mother wouldn't tell me to return at once. Love your tradition building and the thoughts that move you out every cold xmas winter even though your blood is congealing from the cold. Love and miss you guys Elder Linde

Sandra said...

That tradition makes my heart sing...