Monday, August 17, 2009

Random

Trying to squeeze as much fun as we can out of the last few days of summer.
Today I took the boys to a 50cent movie...and spent 4.75 on 1 bag of popcorn. Hmmmm...not too smart. We saw Monsters vs Aliens. Fun stuff.
Last week we went to a local splash park with cousin Hadley.

It's not all fun and games around here. We had to squeeze in a trip to the grocery store. I have a love/hate relationship with the mini carts for the kids. Sometimes I think they are the smartest invention ever. Most of the time I want to run screaming from the store because both my heels are bleeding, and I am tired of telling the boys to "watch where you are going", "get back here with that thing", or "stop crashing into your brothers".

Farm country is one of our favorites. We have visited this place several times this summer. Mason rode the pony alone this time, Ben had to have me walk beside him with his arm wrapped around mine. I tried to get him to hold on to the saddle with both hands, but he was terrified and would reach out for me again. After a few attempts I decided to stop. It hit me that it won't be too long before he will not want my help at all...so I let his sweet little arm wrap around mine and he held on tight the entire ride. Gotta soak it up while I still can.

What are you looking at?

Too cute. My little cowboys trying with all their might to lift the barrels of food.

Talk about homemade. Almost embarrased to put this picture in. I saw the idea in Family Fun magazine to take a noodle, poke holes in it, and have a fun new watertoy. But, I didn't stop there. I had to rig it up to a tent pole, use massive amounts of duck tape, bring out 2 chairs to get the thing to stand up over the slide. Am I an overacheiver or just ridiculous? Maybe I have too much time on my hands. I vote ridiculous. The boys had fun with it...for about an hour, before all my hard work came tumbling down.
School starts in 2 days. I'm not ready to send Izaak away ALL day. I get emotional thinking about it. I know I will love it once we get into the routine. Just hate this whole growing up thing.

7 comments:

rosebud said...

you are such a good mother and your boys are so sweet and adorable. we really enjoyed spending the afternoon with them last month!

I hate the growing up thing, too. I am volunteering in Little Man's kinder class -- I thought that might make the transition a little easier for me ('cause it's all about me!) ;)

Carri said...

I love your pool noodle sprinkler toy! I remember when stuff like that used to happen around my house. Now all they want are electronic gizmos. *sigh*
Good luck with the first day of school. I did a happy dance that day (I guess I'm just not the emotional type).

megantonesforever said...

It's been a fun summer. I don't want to see my kids grow up and go to school either. Although, some days I can't wait!

Kathryn said...

What a great snapshot of summer! I'm with you on the mini-carts. (And secretly SOOO glad they didn't come out with those until after my kids were grown!)

Had a good laugh over the water-noodle-thingy! I can't tell you how many things I rigged up after reading a Family Fun article. :)

What a great mom you are. You always inspire me in so many ways.

Eryn said...

the slippery slide looks fun, enjoy these last few days!

The Letterman's said...

hmm glad those carts haven't come to Provo yet! Can't believe summer is almost up, mine flew by!

Trimble said...

With you on the little shopping carts, only without the love. As if adults aren't obvlivious enough to other people, but to get a kid behind one, you're just asking for it. I also need you to tell me where the splash park is.