Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ouch!

The GOOD...


The BAD...


And the UGLY...



I didn't see it happen, (just heard the screams) but this little man fell and hit his cheek on a flowerpot in the backyard. Poor little guy. I felt so bad for him. After about 3 hours of ice, ibuprofen, and some strawberry ice cream (thanks grandma!), this boy was acting like nothing had ever happened.

The morning after the incident, he was especially swollen and his eye was just a small slit. Izaak looked at him and said, "Mom, it's like he's half Chinese, and half Utah!" (gotta love that one)

It's been a week and he is still very colorful, but recovering nicely.

6 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

ooh- that had to hurt. Poor thing.

SassyMonkey said...

that looks horrible! hope he heals quickly :)

shauna/doug said...

Oh, Ben. This is Saturday and it already looks better. Thankfully these little ones heal quickly.

Carri said...

Ouch! Olivia did that once--middle of the forehead--a week before school pictures! But, amazingly, she looked okay after a week! I bet the best part was all the mommy love he got!

Allison Tran said...

That's a doozy!!! Love the middle picture, with his grin! And I ABSOLUTELY love Izaak's comment! That is choice!

Kathryn said...

Poor little guy!! With 3 boys, I'm thinking this will not be the last shiner you ever see... ;)