Well, a few hours later he had me come to the kitchen to look at our menu board. He had filled it all in for me. He was so excited to show me I only had to cook on Tuesday this week...the rest of the week, Chef Izaak and Chef Randy were in charge. This is why this boy melts my heart. He really is sensitive and thoughtful. And, yes, he stuck to it. Every night that week he tried to get in the kitchen and fix the meals. He even tried to hijack lunch duties.
Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life. -B. Andreas
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Finally, some help
I told the boys to pick up everything in the TV room. After some "encouragment", they got everything picked up. Everything except a pair of my flip flops. I asked Izaak if he would put them away for me. He told me no, and then told me they were mine and I should pick up my own stuff. I then told him how much I do for him. You know the list, laundry, meals, cleaning, etc. I told him because I do all these things for him everyday, surely putting away a pair of my shoes wasn't too much to ask. He agreed and put them away for me.
Well, a few hours later he had me come to the kitchen to look at our menu board. He had filled it all in for me. He was so excited to show me I only had to cook on Tuesday this week...the rest of the week, Chef Izaak and Chef Randy were in charge. This is why this boy melts my heart. He really is sensitive and thoughtful. And, yes, he stuck to it. Every night that week he tried to get in the kitchen and fix the meals. He even tried to hijack lunch duties.

Well, a few hours later he had me come to the kitchen to look at our menu board. He had filled it all in for me. He was so excited to show me I only had to cook on Tuesday this week...the rest of the week, Chef Izaak and Chef Randy were in charge. This is why this boy melts my heart. He really is sensitive and thoughtful. And, yes, he stuck to it. Every night that week he tried to get in the kitchen and fix the meals. He even tried to hijack lunch duties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
how sweet and fun to have a child you can reason with! I hope Sophs will pick up on this
What a perceptive child. He always seems to connect what you say to an action on his part that reflects that he has completely internalized the "big picture". I'm still trying to get my husband to make that leap! Lucky you!
cool menu board, and the best part is when the other chefs are on duty hehe
So cute!
hey ade I sent you a voicemail and email about the trailer, didn't you get um??
Post a Comment