Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Look Ma!

Piano lessons may have been a bust, but by gosh, I can sew! (OK, only the most basic things, and not with a patterns, but I do have the basics down...sorta)


I have gone a little "placemat crazy". It all started in my quest to find a cover for my laptop. Couldn't find one I liked, then I saw the green placemats on clearance for 50 cents. I had it. I could sew a straight line. The edges were already finished for me. Perfect. But I couldn't stop. I decided I needed a new makeup bag, and a little brown purse. They all took minutes to sew (and a few phone calls to mom to guide me through it). I used ribbons, buttons, etc...that I had in my stash...too fun, and super easy. I am keeping my eyes open for more placemats on clearance. I can never have enough bags!

12 comments:

The Letterman's said...

how fun! I spent well over 3 hours doing a simple simple skirt for Abby on sunday, hmm do you think I'll get faster with the next? I hope!

snakeriverwalton said...

am I jealous- no. Because I think i can convince you to give me that cute brown bag for my birthday next spring. So cute!

Kim said...

So cute! I especially love the little brown bag. Did you make it up as you went or did you follow a tutorial somewhere?

Adrian said...

I made it up as I went...but it is very easy. If you find a placemat and your interested I can walk you through it in just a few steps.

Gail said...

You are a girl with many, many talents. I also love the little brown bag and my birthday is in March. LOL!

Susan said...

How about teaching me your sewing tricks?

Adrian said...

Hey girlies...if your serious, I will make them for bday gifts. BUT, an even better idea is to get together one night and we can all make one, get some food, video, no kids or hubby. Girls night out!!

Kim said...

Ooh. I like the girls night out idea.

shauna/doug said...

The bags are darling and so varied. Your imagination is your only limit. And you are right. You can never have too many bags. Look for placemats at DI and other thrift stores. I have found many at a thrift store in Provo.

shauna/doug said...

Now you need to learn to make bags out of wool sweaters. They are easy because like placemats, there are no edges to finish. And I don't know why I can now enter a comment. My computer is wacked.

Adrian said...

My mom just used the word WACKED. he!he!

rosebud said...

darling! you have more talent and creativity in your little finger...!!