
School starts in the morning. I packed a lunch for my boy for the first time ever. I am feeling a bit sad, happy, anxious, about it all.
It was about 9:30pm,(1.5 hours after we had put him to bed) and Izaak came to the top of the stairs. I went to him and asked him what was going on.
He asked me if "maybe, I was going to put a note in his sandwich bag like before?" (the only time I have ever packed him a lunch was for his kindergarten zoo trip, so I am assuming that is where he got the idea)
I had indeed put a note in his lunch. It was short and sweet with a few words of encouragement and love.
But what I wanted to say was...
Dear Izaak,
I can't believe you are not going to be at the kitchen counter tomorrow with your brothers for lunch. We, especially ME, will miss having you around. I am so proud you learned to ride a two-wheeler today!!! On the last day of summer break. How cool was that? I hope things go good for you today. I hope you are brave, kind to others, make good friends, like your teachers and listen to what they say. I hope your teachers see in you what I do. I hope you find friends to walk with to and from school because I wont let you walk alone. Do you know how to open the ziploc bags I put your lunch in? Of course you do, your 6 for heavens sakes. Gosh I love you so much and am so proud of the boy you are growing up to be. I will be thinking of you!! Lots of hugs and kisses, Mom
6 comments:
Dang it... you made me cry...
Thanks! LOL!
Brought me back 10 years...
Oh how I wish they were still small.
I hope Izaak has a great first day of school. Wow, all day long...
You're making me cry. I don't want my boys to grow up!
he's going to love it. It's just hard on the moms.
Wow - you're the best writer! You made me have tears (and I'm at work!).
This is so beautiful. I love what you wanted to say and I love that he wanted you to put the note in and the fact that you had ALREADY done it. Good mom. You won't have a single regret about all of this when it's over. I want to be more like you.
Post a Comment