Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Mom

THEN...


NOW...



Thank you for teaching me to ENJOY THE RIDE...



that pregnancy can be hard, but worth it...



That laundry can be fun...



to learn something new, even in your 60's...



That if you leave your comfort zone you might discover something beautiful...


that exercise hurts, but you should do it anyway...


to play...



to seek beauty...


to keep a sense of humor...



that red shoes and peacoats will always be chic...


that being a mother is the most highest, blessed calling for any woman...



Thank you for being my mother and my friend. I love you.












8 comments:

Carri said...

How very nice. I love all the old pictures! Your mom is the best. Wish her happy birthday from me, too!

rosebud said...

Adrian, that was beautiful. It was like all the pictures you included were taken just for your post.

Your mother is such a supportive lady. I always felt like a million bucks when I went to your house.

Happy Birthday, Shauna!!

Sandra said...

Wow!!! Your parents are so lovely and handsome!

You dad is a total babe! LOL!

What a great couple!

shauna/doug said...

Oh, Adrian. You brought tears to my eyes. How grateful I am to have you for my daughter. I love you. And then such sweet comments from Carrie and Rosemary. I just looked at Rosemary's blog last night. Thanks for a sweet surprise. Mom

The Letterman's said...

how fun to imagine mom then! Happy B-day Mom! J

Rachel said...

Ade -- what a great post. I love your mom. She is one of my favorite people ever. I miss sitting in the feather picking box right next to her. Those were some good days :)

She is definitely a wonderful woman and a great mom -- look at how well all you guys turned out. I know I've learned a lot from her through the years. There will always be a special spot in my heart for Shauna.

I hope she had a wonderful birthday.

Gail said...

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom. She is beautiful.

it's me, andrea. said...

What a sweet post.