Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What's wrong with this picture?

I just got a new laptop. For me...mine. Mom's. (yippee for me) But, here is my dilemma. I am sitting in a straight back chair, in a room I'd rather not be in, surfing away on our old, ancient, (2yrs) desktop just like I always have. My 5 year old is reclining on the couch surrounded by fluffy pillows, comfortably playing games on MY new laptop. How exactly did this happen?

8 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

Sounds like you're a good mommy- or a pushover, whichever you like. I'm going to try to call you this afternoon.

Kim said...

Wow, I just had a moment of de ja vu. That is exactly what happens with my laptop.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of my aunt and uncle who bought a vacation house in St. George. Now their kids are living in it and when they go to St. George they have to go to a motel. You're a sweet mom that is all I can say. I want my own lap top.

Trimble said...

It's the eyes, with smile on top!

Gail said...

I have to make an appointment to use MY laptop. Did you go with an apple?

Carri said...

I don't have a laptop, but I do have MY computer. The kids have one on the desk 5 feet from mine and it works wonderfully (it used to be mine until a couple of weeks ago). Guess which computer they always want to be on, though? MINE. Maybe they just want to feel close to us?

Rachel said...

Ha ha ha! I did that with my kids....until an unnamed child who was potty training, um, ruined a laptop. I'll let you imagine how that happened.

One laptop down the drain (ahem, so to speak), I got a lot more firm about it. ;)

Kathryn said...

That would be why we have 6 computers. 6 people, 6 computers. Sigh - you'd think we could just make a rule about it, but no - we just buy 6 computers.