Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Tradition Continues

We have been getting our own tree cutting permit ever since we've been married. We put it on hold the past two years (due to the arrival of the 2!) and were very excited to get back into the tradition. 5 am came awfully early this foggy saturday morning, but it was all worth it. It was a foggy drive through the canyon, and into Midway, which helped set the mood. (of course, I wasn't the one driving, so I am sure I thought it was more enchanting than Randy.)
They give away only 1000 permits...so we had to get their early.

I am not much of a landscape photographer, but I thought this covered bridge looked magical with the fog. Why aren't there more covered bridges around?


The boys seemed more excited than we were. Only to be a bit disappointed when we explained we weren't actually cutting the tree today, just getting the "license" to do so.


To Be Continued...


<

6 comments:

The Letterman's said...

yeah! Glad you're back at it, allows me to have an "enchanting" time through you. That bridge is darling!

Sandra said...

What a GREAT shot!

Man those boys are handsome!

Carri said...

I can't even start to think about Christmas. We went to the park yesterday (no school) and it was in the high 80's. Christmas? ISn't that about 3 months from now?

snakeriverwalton said...

i would leave a comment, but it would require our yet to be decided on code word to tell you the full story.

Anonymous said...

I love this tradition! We did it for years, until last year Scott bought a pre-lit tree. So sad. I'm jealous of your adventure ahead.

Gail said...

The pictures are beautiful.