Change is GOOD. I am one who has never been afraid of it. I like to mix things up a bit. I enjoy new experiences and challenges. I get depressed when I try and re-arrange my furniture in my house for the 20th time, only to realize that I have to put everything back the way it was because it just doesn't fit any other way. So, I am excited about our new president...the vote was split in our house, but we are all now behind our new President-elect.
I do however, have mixed feelings about the next change in our home. (for those who don't want to hear about potty training, and that may be all of you, skip this part) I really do want to be done buying, changing, & smelling dirty diapers. I am excited for this change. But, I am sad too. It's just another part of watching my babies turn into little boys...I love it, but hate it. Count on me to turn potty training into an emotional thing. But, really, it makes me so sad to see them grow up. It's all happening so fast.

The weather has taken a turn as well. I am not jumping up and down with joy about this change, but it does have some advantages. I like the change of seasons. After living in Arizona and having sunny days 365 days a year, I've realized I like the change of seasons. Plus, seeing my boys run to the window Wednesday morning, and get so excited about SNOW, it's hard not to catch the enthusiasm. They spent half the day outside stomping around, building snowmen, and making snow angels.
I watched contently through the window while mixing up a batch of hot chocolate...in a very quiet house.
Yep, CHANGE is GOOD.

I do however, have mixed feelings about the next change in our home. (for those who don't want to hear about potty training, and that may be all of you, skip this part) I really do want to be done buying, changing, & smelling dirty diapers. I am excited for this change. But, I am sad too. It's just another part of watching my babies turn into little boys...I love it, but hate it. Count on me to turn potty training into an emotional thing. But, really, it makes me so sad to see them grow up. It's all happening so fast.

The weather has taken a turn as well. I am not jumping up and down with joy about this change, but it does have some advantages. I like the change of seasons. After living in Arizona and having sunny days 365 days a year, I've realized I like the change of seasons. Plus, seeing my boys run to the window Wednesday morning, and get so excited about SNOW, it's hard not to catch the enthusiasm. They spent half the day outside stomping around, building snowmen, and making snow angels.
I watched contently through the window while mixing up a batch of hot chocolate...in a very quiet house.
Yep, CHANGE is GOOD.
11 comments:
yup!
Living in Arizona, I have to admit, I miss SOME seasons (fall and spring), but not ever winter. I can't stand snow. I can't believe I used to go up to the cabin and ENJOY all that snow! What was I thinking?
I like this. I feel the same way about President -Elect Obama. It feels good to have a change--there is hope in it.
Not to be too cheesy, but maybe you've heard this quote: "Don't cry because it's over, just smile because it happened." Sometimes that helps me with how fast my girls grow.
wow, you got a storm too! I don't feel so bad now. Evan asked if one of the little toilets was ours. Haha, we had one just like that. Good memories....Hope it goes well!
I'm the exact same way with our furniture.
I need to accept change more. This morning when I went to get miss M out of her bed she was buck naked! I go potty mom!
Kids and snow. They just don't seem to get cold like we do. Love the last photo of Isaac.
Hey A- I need the url for that taking surveys for mags site. Guide me, obiwan.
I just watched one. I really think you should order Randy the fishpen. It's awesome. Hope I didn't ruin any christmas surprises.
I love the look of I as he is enjoying the hot chocolate. You can just feel his contentment.
Change is OK, if I have to, I guess. I didn't vote for Mr. "Change" to be our next president, but I have to be optimistic that he might do some good. This has been a year of changes, that is for sure. - Randy
Post a Comment