Today I am thankful that we get to start over each and every day. I have not had the best attitude this week. How thankful I am that I can start with a clean slate each morning and try yet again to do better. I have such great intentions...and usually fall short. But, I am determined to try again tomorrow. Here are a few of the things I want to do each day but usually dont. Maybe if I write them down, it will stick and work tomorrow!
1. Eat less
2. Exercise
3. Be patient with my kids (ie, dont yell)
4. Stop the negative dialogue I seem to have going on in my head almost all the time. I am always criticizing myself. Where is the LOVE....I need to talk to myself kinder. (I hope this makes sense and I'm not the only one who talks to herself in her head...if not, maybe this is the root of all my problems!!)
So, I am grateful that tomorrow is a new day...again.
7 comments:
I have a negative nelly in my head too and I'm trying really hard to control her. Every time a negative thought pops into your head, tell yourself how wonderful you are, cause you really are. Oh, and we forgot to call each other to get together! Next week it will happen.
Ade - just read the comments on your blog to shut that voice up! YOU ARE AMAZING, it's nice to know the REAL Superman and Wonder Woman, your children are darling, you are very talented, I LOVE YOU!!!
I'm no longer lurking! I'm jumping right in! :) This post reminded me of your lesson last week...
I think your list is the same as the rest of us... And I wonder why/when that negative voice took residence in our minds & hearts? I remember feeling so proud & free when I was a young one.
We all need to find that power again.
I have negative voices in my head too.
there's a Reader's Digest article on saying hello to people and how it helps our attitude, and they include that you have to say hello to yourself in the mirror every morning, acknowledge your worth, and tell yourself to have a good day. They said it actually increases your productivity and motivation. Let's try it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this. I think as women we forget our true worth. I love you and you are beautiful and wonderful and kind and lots of other stuff so tell that voice to shut up.
I love this! Any moment can be a fresh start. You've inspired me. Once I made a negative (joking) comment about myself and Lauren said, "Gee mom you must really feel badly about yourself to say something like that." Huge eye opener. I need to be the adult that I want my girls to be! Thanks for the sharing such honest feelings!
Post a Comment