When we found out we were having twins, Randy would always joke and say we could sell one on E-bay. After this past Friday, I think it might not be such a bad idea.
Here's why...
We, (I guess I should say, BEN & MASON) started the day with putting a whole roll of T.P. in the toilet. It overflowed...I ran for the plunger. I searched the entire house for the plunger because it was not where I usually keep it. I never found the plunger. It is no where to be found. The toilet stayed plugged all day, until Randy came home and took care of it.
While I was searching frantically for the plunger, Ben & Mason headed for the pantry. They found a costco size bottle of syrup, opened it, and helped each other pour it all over my kitchen floor. They were skating through it, and rubbing it on each other, when I discovered them. Yay for me!!
I cleaned up the floor, but knew I would have to give it a another mopping when they went down for naps. (it was still sticky) I gave the boys a bath, and got Izaak off to school. I went to the basement to start a load of laundry. I swear, I was only down there for 4 minutes. Came back upstairs....the boys had opened my tupperware of flour (I was careless and left in on the counter with the lid on tight!) and had poured the ENTIRE bin onto the counter. They looked like two white ghosts sitting at the counter playing in the flour. It was everywhere. All over the floor...which stuck to all the sticky spots of syrup that I hadn't cleaned well enough. Again, yay for me!!
So, I got everything cleaned up AGAIN, including the boys. All was well....for a few more hours, when I found Ben dipping a comb into the toilet (not the plugged one, mind you) and combing his hair. His hair was soaked, he was delighted and told me he was "handsome".
So, there. A day in my life. What should we start the bidding at?
12 comments:
wow, I don't even know what to say........
I have to ditto sassymonkey...all I can say is WOW! I think maybe girl/boy twins were easier - at least mine were less mischievous. Jacob, the singeton, however, not so much. He would be the one dumping and pouring.
Keep plugging along, it is supposed to get easier! :)
Don't mean to laugh but I wish you had gotten some pictures. I tell my husband often that if we were to ever have twins I would need to be admitted to the looney bin so I admire anyone who even stays remotely sane through it all. I would offer up my plunger if that were ever to happen again but that's just a gross thing to share. ;)
I'm laughing too. Sorry. Hopefully one day they will have twins of their own and you will get revenge.
I'm thinking this would've made you $100,000 on Funniest Home Videos!
Holy cow!! What a day.
I agree with Trimble...where are the pictures?
Well, at least you survived and maybe you will get some extra cash out of the auction for a well earned vacation. Hee-hee.
At least he was coming his hair with a comb and not your toothbrush!
I am sorry to laugh, but that is so funny. I also can commisserate, because I have been there a couple times. (One even involved marker coloring on the ceiling.)
Thanks for making me smile...and laugh a lot.
Sorry--from the outside looking in this is so funny and sweet. Someday this will be hilarious to them and to you!
Wow. I say you start offering to PAY someone to take them. Or maybe they just need an extended visit to Grandma's house.
OH yes, I call this one my "day of nothing but cleaning." It involved painting the cabinets with peanut butter amongst other things. I'm sorry. I've been there and sigh, all you can do is put the mother's curse on them...
"I hope one day when you grow up that you will have children just like you are!!" LOL
Post a Comment