Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We started this "craft bucket" a few months ago. We just throw stuff that looks like it has potential, and was going to go into recycling, into this bucket. My intent is to pull from it when we are feeling creative or crafty. Today we were feeling just that.

First we peeled all the broken crayons we had collected.

A bit of sorting.

Put them into a cupcake tray. I started to "fix" the boys designs...till I realized this was their project, they could do it how they wanted. (I wanted to organize them according to color...boring, 36 year old mind that I have)

Such great color. Bake at 325 for about 10 minutes.

Dance, like no one is watching, to Gwen Stefani's "great escape" while they are cooking.

Let cool, then peel paper away. Ooohh and Ahhh over the colors. (so glad I let them do what they wanted)

Test out your new chunky crayons.

(whilst continually reminding them that they cant be eaten!)

Good times

7 comments:

SassyMonkey said...

Beeeeeutiful crayons! what a fun project. Hugs and kisses. SM

Carri said...

I wanna be a mom like you! Sadly, I seem to have no patience left. My baby turned five today and she has an attitude that is about 10 times that big. I don't remember a day that I have been yelled at quite so much. So, my new manta is: I can be like Ade, I can be like Ade, I can be like Ade...

Carri said...

Oops, I meant "mantra" not "manta". I can't spell, either. HELLLLPPPP!

snakeriverwalton said...

Do you want to come do fun things with my kids so I don't look like such a slacker? Stop being so crappin' creative already.

Sandra said...

OMG!!! SSSOOO CUTE! The crayons are adorable too... but your boys!

I feel you... I have three men also. So wonderful...yes?

Those crayons were so vibrant and gorgeous!

Sandra said...

i love your hubbys music! I grew up on it!

Dr.Demento rules!!!

Fish heads... fish heads... rolly polly fish heads... eat them up... yum!

Have you used your Bread Book?

Allison Tran said...

Ade- your boys are darling, and it's not fair that your crayons worked out so much better than mine (I ruined the cupcake pan!). Also, in response to your post about the love/hate thing, I met a family on my mission that had the kids that were fighting sit on a step with their legs over each others and arms wrapped around each other until they could get along. The kids squeezed like crazy, but ended up laughing!!! See ya! Allison (Carri's sister!)