Sunday, February 12, 2012

Goodbye Honey Oak

BEFORE

SANDING

SO FAR...

The kitchen is coming along.  It has been a big project.  Just finding the time to fit it in amongst homework, basketball, laundry, meals, etc..has been the challenging part.  So far I have put bead board around the island part and painted that all black.  The cupboard doors are all in the garage being worked on.  Friday, Randy helped me cut the crown molding for the cupboards.   Well, he actually cut it all...I stood around watching him.  It was just too confusing for my brain.  It even took Randy many attempts to figure out how it had to be cut.  But, it is cut, and now I just need to paint it and put it up.  I think it will make a huge difference.  I hope to get the cupboard doors done this week, and start on my back splash.  After that is done, I plan on painting the ceiling, painted the entire kitchen a different color, painting my kitchen table, re-building/changing up our garbage "cabinet", and framing in the window between the kitchen and TV room.  Wow.  That sounds like a lot.  It all seems a bit more do-able when I don't put it all down in words. 

4 comments:

The Letterman's said...

love um they are looking awesome!!

snakeriverwalton said...

wow- could you come start on m house next? seriously- where do you find the motivation?

SassyMonkey said...

holy crap Adrian! That is a lot of work. I hope you love it when you are done! Can't wait to see the end result.
Eryn

rosebud said...

WOW! Totally changes the whole look and feel of the room! I love it!!!