Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One Little Word

Yep, it's back. I am not sick of this concept yet. In fact, this is the first year that I haven't had the urge or felt the need/pressure to set a bunch of goals with the new year. It has felt quite freeing. I loved my word last year. I didn't love it until November. It took me that long to "REALIZE" exactly what I needed to learn from my word. I had even kinda given up on it and thought I hadn't learned anything from my word. But, I finally did, and it has stuck, and so far has been life changing for me and my family.


My 2011 word came to me quickly and easily this year. Didn't even have to think about it much. It is "PLAY". I want to play more with my boys, my hubby, my hobbies, etc...life is too short to be stuck to a "to-do" list everyday. I want to relax and be more spontaneous. I want to enjoy my life more. I want to play.

4 comments:

SassyMonkey said...

great word Adrian, have fun with it!!

shauna/doug said...

Good for you. You have really run with your words each year and also inspired others to do the same. And you are right. Life is short. Play while you can.

Trimble said...

Yeah! Rid yourself of the to-do lists! :) Excellent word!

rosebud said...

You've just inspired me. My word is "feel". I'm always so lost in the future when everything is cleaned up, fixed up, finished, done... etc.