Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I heart boys


I love the way they giggle...especially when they are together.
I love it when they wrestle.
I love getting "thumbs up".
I love pockets full of rocks, and sticks, and small legos.
I love that they have short hair that I don't have to style.
I love that they don't want to shop with me when they need new shoes or clothes.
I love that they don't care about what they wear.
I love that they bite their crackers into shapes like monsters, guns, or light sabers.
I love how their skin smells right after a tub.
I love how they don't want me to leave the house alone because they think I need protection.
I love how they want to snuggle with me when they are sad, or happy, or "sorry".
I am sure there is something I don't love about boys. I just cant think of a single thing right now.

4 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

I'm going to hazard a guess- at least it's one thing I don't love about boys--- pee on the floor of the bathroom. But it is getting better for my household at least.

The Letterman's said...

focusing on the positive with your kids is definetly a gift I've decided and I'm going to start praying for that very gift! Looks like you've already got it!!

Mrs. KIR said...

How about the fact that they think farting and burping are HILARIOUS! How about the fact that "breaking" brand new toys is FUN and turns into hearing things like, "Look what cool thing is inside here... " How about the holes if the walls because they found a rusty nail outside on the road and the just wanted to put it back into the wall were it is suppose to go but they haven't found the right spot yet...

Oh wait those things are silly I love boys thins too!!

shauna/doug said...

Isn't it great how we forget all the things we don't like. Lucky boys to have you for their MOM.