Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ABC's & 123's

The boys started preschool yesterday. This was a hard one for me, easy for them. They were so completely excited about it. Mason started counting down the days 2 weeks before. He would keep asking me how many more "sleepings" we had until school. They were thrilled about having to wear a backpack like their big brother. They told me if I missed them I could just call them on the phone.





This is the group leaving school and coming out to the cars to meet their parents.

One of the first things Mason said to me when he got in the car was "I didn't miss you after all mom". Priceless. I adore these two little men. I am sad about the fact that they are growing up, but love watching them grow too. A friend told me once (thanks, Carrie) "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened". I have repeated this phrase alot in my mind this past week with all the new beginnings.

3 comments:

shauna/doug said...

I love that--smile because it happened. Good way to remember things. They are really growing up. Remember the day they were born. Hair halfway down their foreheads. It's all good. Get used to them being gone and have some fun with your time alone. (what is Carrie's last name? I am having trouble with facebook. Don't know how to do anything.)

The Letterman's said...

cute cute!

Trimble said...

I'm glad you all survived! :)