Life has gotten so busy. I am so behind and can't seem to get caught up. Blogging, has become my last priority. But, I want to try and keep up with it so I have a history of my family. We'll see. Anyway, Izaak has turned 7. He is an old soul anyway, but he is really starting to show his age in small ways. We played a game in primary on Mothers Day, and I was supposed to reveal his nickname to the entire primary. He stopped me before I could, and begged me not to do it. I was so surprised. Later he told me he didn't want anyone to know it because they would laugh at him. He has given himself a new "older" nickname that we are supposed to call him. He did reassure me that I could still call him his baby nickname, but only at home. The other day he requested that I stop telling him he's cute. He doesn't want to be cute apparently. After he thought about it for a minute, he said I could still call him cute, but not as much, and not in front of his friends. Last year when I took his 6 year old pictures he was a little ham. Totally into it and really playing it up. This year he told me I had 5 minutes and that was it. I really did only take 5 minutes, (that's about all I had time for anyway) and trying to get him to smile was a chore.

I want to edit these, but if I want to keep up with blogging, editing has to take a back seat. I loved most of the shots I got despite the lack of smiles. He really is suck a solemn, serious kid most of the time, that I felt like I got his personality anyway. The picture above is him when I ask him to smile. It is his smile. I love it. The one below is when I ask him to smile big with his mouth open.
8 comments:
You did say cute, and he is!
what a goof. he's CUTECUTECUTE.
that middle ones is looking kinda g-quish like-I think he's got a future in modeling. The other day Abby said she wanted to be a cheerleader when she grows up, can you imagine me with a cheerleader . . .
very handsome pics! I feel my kids growing, too. I can't buy fun clothes anymore -- they are getting too picky! I'm still a rockstar when I come to school though -- let's hope that lasts a little longer!
great pictures, he looks so mature :)
That is one handsome young man! That first picture really threw me - he's so grown up!
It is really kind of hard not to say cute. Maybe handsome would be a better word. Yes, he is a mature spirit in a young body and how I love him and miss him. He has really grown up and matured a lot in the last 9 months. Love, love, love you Izaak. Grams
Post a Comment