Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Science Fair Project

Izaak participated in the science fair for the first time this year. He wanted to invent a robot that would help me do chores around the house. He even had a name for it... "Care-bot". Due to time restraints, technical difficulties, etc, etc...he agreed to build a volcano. I do hope he keeps working on his care-bot idea...I could always use an extra hand around the house. The volcano turned out to be a lot of fun. Izaak did lots of research about volcanoes, how they explode, the structure of them, etc...He wrote out all his facts, build his model, painted it, and proudly displayed it at the fair. Ben and Mason got in on the fun too and each built their own smaller volcanoes.



We put together a little video of the boys erupting their volcanoes (mostly for gram and gramps), but I cant figure out how to get it to work. Darn. It was very cute though, with lots of explanations from Izaak about how it all works, etc...We were very proud of him. We tried to just let him do all the work...with just a little bit of help from us. He learned a ton and could probably answer any questions you might have about volcanoes. Way to go Izaak...now go get busy on your Care-bot!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed. I have every faith in him that the care-bot is on its way.

snakeriverwalton said...

Way to go. I would like a care-bot as soon as they are in production. In fact, I probably need two.

SassyMonkey said...

yay! I have been waiting to hear how the science fair went. What a neat topic to explore. Oh, and I'll take 2 Care-bots also. They would make great gifts!

shauna/doug said...

Sorry we have missed the eruption. Maybe someday. I would also like a care-bot. The kind that follows you around like a shadow and hangs up your clothes the minute you take them off. Gramps would like one that would close every door and cupboard after ME. How sweet that you want to make one for your Mom Izaak.

Kathryn said...

VERY cool, Mr. Isaak! :) And I'd like to pre-order one of those "Care-bots", please.