Monday, February 1, 2010

Ice Ice Baby

You'll never guess what we did this weekend. Hmmmm...


We went ice fishing. This is something we have wanted to do all winter. But kept putting it off because we'd come to our senses. Well, we had no sense Saturday, so we finally went.
The fishing was slow. Real slow. The boys, however, were not. They made snow angels.

Occasionally they stood over their holes and held a pole.

But mostly they just goofed off.

We spotted an eagle nearby and the boys tried to see how close they could get.

They got really close.



I tried to get some good shots,

but this large bird was camera shy...I barely caught this as he flew out of view.

We had fun. There was lots of smiles. I think we were all just happy to be out of the house, and away from the city. It felt so good to be in wide open spaces...even if that wide open space was a cold sheet of ice.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Awwww...snow... don't get that here...

Looks so lovely... and cold!

Love the eagle shot too!

rosebud said...

WOW! What fun!! And that eagle is awesome! I love your blog -- you remind me of the little things.

megantonesforever said...

Looks peaceful and serene. Good job getting away from it all. The eagle is beautiful!

SassyMonkey said...

Wow, the boys got really close. Sounds like a fun time, just chillin'

Trimble said...

Very fun. Oh, and look, you made an appearance on the blog ;)

Gail said...

The pictures of the eagle are stunning. You guys are pretty dang cute, too. Miss ya!

shauna/doug said...

The eagle shots are amazing. Good job in getting those pics. And out on the ice with all of you? I would have been a nervous wreck. I remember going to Strawberry with all of you kids and I was scared to death. That creaking ice, slick ice, cold, not for me! Lucky kids that they get all these experiences with Mom and Dad. They will remember it forever.

Kathryn said...

GREAT photos! You're also making me feel more inspired to embrace & enjoy "natural" Utah... I'm such an indoor girl, so that is big.

I'm all for that goofing off stuff though, not so much the fishing...