Saturday, September 12, 2009

There's more to this than love...

I wish I could articulate the feelings I get when I look at these pictures. The feelings are heightened with my Dad leaving in a week. These were taken just a few days ago at a picnic with the family. This song was playing while I was scrolling through pictures. The song said what I cant. So, Dad, listen to the words of the song and maybe you will understand a bit of what I am feeling. The legacy you have created, the masterpieces you've built, the kind of world you have created for us and now for our children. I know I am such a sap. I will miss you, these grandbabies will miss you, but, like the song says, "history starts now".





6 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

so cute. Time will fly- you'll see.

Carri said...

Missions (they are going on a mission, right?) are the best thing ever! My parents' relationship was never better, and all of us at home were so blessed by their service. And really, the almost 2 years they were gone really did fly by! And you still get to talk on the phone, and I even got to go for a visit (and introduce them to Julia!) It was wonderful!

Trimble said...

Wow, those pictures are priceless!

Kathryn said...

What an amazing tribute - makes me want to know your Dad! So precious.

When my parents went to China, we were beside ourselves - everything they'd miss, how we'd miss them...

... and then WHOOSH, the time flew.

The Letterman's said...

ahh makes it all too real! Time better fly!

Susan said...

You made me have tears ...