Monday, September 21, 2009

My Son's Flower

I was just in awe today of the sunflower. I guess I have never looked closely at them before and didn't realize how amazing they are.


My boys grew this from seed in their garden box this year. It got so huge and today we decided to "harvest" it. They loved pulling out all the seeds and we had fun talking about how it grew, how many seeds there might be, who likes to eat sunflower seeds, (the birds, and daddy), etc...Our garden has been so much fun this year. Especially with the boys so interested in it.

Mason pulled out a seed, threw his hands in the air, and loudly pronounced he was "going to grow another HUGE sunflower" (said without any r's, of course) and ran and planted a seed back in his garden box. All hail the SUNFLOWER!

2 comments:

The Letterman's said...

amazing is right, I've never looked at one up close!

rosebud said...

That's awesome. Thanks for showing that! I love how hands on you are with your kids!