Friday, March 13, 2009

He doesn't have freckles.

My twins were napping. Izaak was at the table cutting, pasting, coloring. He spends hours at this table. I took the opportunity to open my front room curtains and lie on the couch directly in the sun's rays. It was beautiful, and warm, and quiet, and felt so good. But, then it got better. Izaak came over and asked if he could join me. He snuggled right up to me and layed his head in the crook of my elbow. I could kiss the top of his head. I spent the next few minutes just talking to my sweet boy. He got quiet and closed his eyes. I was reminded of how long his eyelashes are, and the small little mole he has on his right cheek. The sun shining in his hair highlighted his brown hair making it look almost white. While I was watching him I suddenly realized...my boy doesn't have freckles. Not one. I studies his porcelain skin looking earnestly for just one. None could be found. I closed my eyes then and thought about the little things that make up this little man.
We layed like that for about 15 minutes. It was the best part of my day. It ended when Izaak jumped up and ran to the table and came back to show me this....

A promise of Spring.

I do believe it's the little things that mean the most. I hope to keep discovering all the "Little Wonders" that my 3 little men have to show me.

13 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a precious picture! What a sweet moment. I can just see you there in the sun...

snakeriverwalton said...

It looks like something Eric Carle would do. Awesome!

megantonesforever said...

That is the good stuff. Makes being a Mom just how you think it should be.

Carri said...

Very nice. I want a moment like that!
Do Ben and Mason have freckles?

rosebud said...

I love your posts -- they are more fun to read than the cheesey forwards I get trying to remind me of the same stuff. :D


Soak up e.v.e.r.y. moment before it evaporates.

Sandra said...

Your amazement is only beginning my friend...

when they get older... they get even better!

Anonymous said...

You are so good at treasuring up the moments. When I read your blog it is like you live in a magical place. I hope I'm not missing it with my kids! That bird is incredible.

Trimble said...

How sweet and that picture is amazing!

Allison Tran said...

AWESOME picture - the boy is talented! I love how descriptive your entry was - I could feel the sunbeams and weight of the sweet boy! Isn't it the coolest thing to be a mom?

The Letterman's said...

Izzaks got some skills! Thanks for the reminder!

Gail said...

What a great moment. We have to hold on to those little treasures and remember them on the bad days.

Susan said...

You should write for a living! You say the things my hearts feels but I can't ever find the right words. Izaak is very talented. I loved his bird.

Rachel said...

Wow, move over Eric Carle!