Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Word

Wordle: beauty2
I finally found my word. It took me longer this year. I think because I felt selfish choosing this word. But, I don't anymore. I love it. I decided I needed an adjective, not a verb.
BEAUTY.
I need to believe RIGHT NOW that I am beautiful. I think if I believe it. I mean REALLY believe it, I will treat myself that way. Beautiful people feed themselves well, exercise their bodies, speak kindly to themselves, speak and think kindly towards others, and find beauty everyday. So, that it my plan. I think the hardest part will not be making myself get on the treadmill, or refusing a second cookie. I think the hardest part will be mentally. But, I believe if I can conquer that, I can conquer the other stuff. So, with the new year I begin my journey. I feel optimistic, enthused, and even a bit beautiful.
If your doing a word too, I'd love to hear it. I have been so inspired by others words.

9 comments:

Adrian said...

I wanted to be the first to post a comment. I think it is a great word for the year. I think it also applies not only to yourself but the world around you. There is so much beauty all around us that is overlooked and undiscovered. Adrian, you are a beautiful person. That's why I married you.

I still can't think of a word for myself. 'Flatulence' came to mind, but I don't think that is the best choice. Last year my word was 'Pursue'. I will have to give it some more thought before I decide my word.

Susan said...

What a perfect word! By the way, I have always thought that you were beautiful (inside and out). You inspire me.

snakeriverwalton said...

Ryan has already claimed flatulent, sorry, Randy. I love your word Ade. I will firm mine up soon.

Sandra said...

I have never thought of a word for the year before... but I am going to start this year...

I let you know when I get it.

Anonymous said...

Love it Adrian. You are beautiful. There is power in what you are doing!

Gail said...

That is the perfect word, my beautiful friend. That is something we could all work on as women. Something I struggle with every day. I've been thinking a lot about my word and I'll get it posted soon. Love Ya.

Allison Tran said...

Right on!!! Sometimes I feel like we miss things around us that God is just wanting for us to notice. And Randy, flatulence is not one of them!!!!! I think as I recognize the beauties around me it's easier to find it within. I know, it's been said before!! Love ya, woman!

Sandra said...

Okay... my word is Balance.

I need to find a balance of all the things I have going on.

Rachel said...

I love the word. You are a beautiful person, inside and out. You also have the gift of making things beautiful around you. I am always in awe of your home and garden and yard. Your children are gorgeous.

I really like the word and I think it already represents you well.

(I've tried to comment a couple times, but for some reason, when I would hit reply on your blog, my computer would freeze. But today, luck is with me!