I celebrated my 37th birthday Christmas Eve. It was a great day. We decided to start a tradition of going to a movie during the day with the kids. Apparently we are not the first to think of this idea. The first theater we went to was sold out. Luckily, we were able to get into BOLT at another theater. (our first choice was "the tale of desperaux", but Bolt ended up being quite good). This was the first time we have ever taken Ben & Mason to a movie. They did pretty good. Izaak loved it...Randy & I only fell asleep for a few brief minutes. Believe me it would of been longer if we weren't trying to keep the twins in their seats.Anyway, Randy gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and a gift card to a day spa. At first I cringed. I have never been to a spa. Ever. I dont like spending money on myself. Especially the amount Randy put on the card. But, after I thought about it for a few hours, I realized my husband was inspired. Up to this point, I had not told him anything about what words I have been thinking about for the new year.
(I am not quite ready to share my word. I dont know why. I think I take it all too personally/seriously.)
But, my word has a lot to do with me. just me. And, how I feel about myself, or rather, how I want to feel. So, it only took me a few short hours before I started to get really excited about my birthday gift. I think Randy knows me better than myself sometimes. I am grateful to have a husband who encourages me, wants the best for me, but mostly, just wants me to be HAPPY. Now, to decide what to have done at the spa?! Any suggestions?
7 comments:
First - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Second - what a fun Christmas day for you & your sweet men (big & little)
Third - LOVE the "word for the year" idea. Rachel's post brought me here... got me thinking...
Fourth - at the spa - MASSAGE, MASSAGE, MASSAGE!! What a lucky girl. (good hubby!)
ooh I'm jealous the spa will be divine I'm sure. Now I'm all interested in your word, maybe it will unlock a part of you I don't know? I wish I could "hide" myself a little more, I inherited dads big mouth so I tend, as you know to speak and share before I think.
love ya, oh and love the idea of spreading out the gifts throughout the day, way to make the magic last longer!!
J
ooo, I have never been to a spa either. But, I would say massage, too. What a great gift, just for YOU. Hope you had a happy day, sounds like you did.
Massages are great. So are pedicures. I have heard that facial massage is divine, but I've never tried it. Let us know how it all turns out!
For sure a massage and if there's more money, I recommend a facial. Make sure you don't hesitate to tell them if they're massaging to hard or too lightly or it will just be miserable. Where are you going? The flowers are beautiful!
Happy belated birthday, my friend. It sounds like it was wonderful and Randy did a great job. Definitely do the massage, you'll be a new woman afterwards. Have them rub you for all your worth! Hee hee.
DO the massage! I did one once and once i got over my body image issues, it was bliss!
Post a Comment