Monday, November 3, 2008

Say What?

Sitting in the car, waiting for Randy to come out of a store Izaak kept asking me for ice cream. After telling him no a few times I finally said "Izaak, do I always give you everthing you ask for?"
He thought for a moment, and then answered, "No". After a short pause, he then said in a longing voice "I WISH you were under my command". (This comes on the heels of recently explaining to him what the phrase "your wish is my command" meant.)

8 comments:

Kim said...

I think they all wish that. What a clever boy.

SassyMonkey said...

that's an awesome comeback.

snakeriverwalton said...

That one is really funny!

megantonesforever said...

What a smarty! Seriously, I can't believe how perfect that comment worked after just learning it. I'm coming over to be tutored by your 5 year old on the english language. I could learn a thing or two.

Anonymous said...

Classic comeback. He's a smart one! I love it.

SassyMonkey said...

You better keep thinking of new things or he will soon outpace you.
Matt

Carri said...

Dang! That boy is cute! And smart!

Gail said...

Every five year old's wish. What a cutie.