Friday, November 21, 2008

Little Wonders

I missed thankful Thursday, so today I am aware of a few 'Little Wonders' in my life. The first being...

Dry sheets. Today I awoke to two little boys screaching "I gotta go potty!!!, I gotta go potty!!!! (It was 5:30 am) I stumbled out of bed and opened their bedroom door and they scampered to the bathroom. (they dont leave their room unless I go and get them. I think it's a carry over from being in cribs as they have only been in "big boy beds for 5 weeks. I am soooo trying to get them to come out of their room on their own.) The beauty of all this is that they didn't wet their beds! I am a realist, and am sure this doesn't mean we have mastered the technique, but today I will delight in the fact that we are making progress, and I dont have to wash their sheets.

Because of the early start we got this morning, I am grateful for...

Sesame Street!

I love it's ability to hold my boys interest for about 1/2 hour as they snuggle in our bed with us as we watch it together in the early hour morning. (I guess I understand now why it's on at 6am.)





And finally a new...

I Love books. I so love the look of a full bookshelf and little boys curiously flipping through page after page of books. I especially love this bookshelf because my talented brother, Matt, made one for each of my boys rooms. He copied them from a Potter Barn catalog, and made them 'custom fit' for us. Thank you Matt. I finally got the twins put up this morning. It has been sitting in our garage for 6 months because it didn't fit in their room with the cribs.

So, those are the little wonders in my life today. I hope to find more throught the day...I hope you all do too!

10 comments:

Sandra said...

Is that a cape he has on?

Adorable!

Adrian said...

Yep, I've gotta make a few more for christmas with their initials on it. They all share one and it's wearing out!

The Letterman's said...

love it, the bookshelf looks so cute!

snakeriverwalton said...

Congrats!!! I love the shelf, but you're going to need about 6 of them by the time they start school and book orders.

Gail said...

I remember those days of washing sheets. I should have bought stock in Tide. Love the bookshelf and the cape.

Trimble said...

That's a good day and I LOVE the bookshelf.

Kathryn said...

LOVE that bookshelf!! I'm all about copying that Pottery Barn catalog. :)

Rachel said...

That is a GREAT bookshelf! Love it tons.

We're all over books and capes here. We should set up a playdate with Garrett and Mason and Ben.

Anonymous said...

I want a shelf like that. I've wanted one for a long time. Love it!

shauna/doug said...

Hi, I didn't know that you could get on and read comments. Oh, I am becoming so literate with the computer. Yes, I too, love the bookshelf. But I am stumped by what is at the top of your blog now. Can't get into it. Are you doing what Eryn has where you have to sign in? It is really fun to see the pictures of the boys doing their things, just their daily activities. Love, Mom