I have a confession.
I have a secret crush.
Not just on one man, but these FIVE
We visited with Delsa and Matt this weekend and our boys have a great time together. Delsa just had her THIRD little boy a week ago. So, soon that picture will have SIX little men. It was so fun to see them, and I wish we lived closer. Delsa and I met in college, and have been friends ever since.
Anyway, back to my secret crush. It's true. I'm hooked. I love little boys. I always thought I would be a mother to girls. Maybe because I am one, and it's what I know. When I was working at the children's hospital (before kids) I was always a bit apprehensive when I had to work with boys. I didn't know their lingo, likes, dislikes, etc. I was much more comfy with girls. Well, obviously things have changed. After 5 years of being surrounded by little men I can't imagine what I would do with girls.

We visited with Delsa and Matt this weekend and our boys have a great time together. Delsa just had her THIRD little boy a week ago. So, soon that picture will have SIX little men. It was so fun to see them, and I wish we lived closer. Delsa and I met in college, and have been friends ever since.
Anyway, back to my secret crush. It's true. I'm hooked. I love little boys. I always thought I would be a mother to girls. Maybe because I am one, and it's what I know. When I was working at the children's hospital (before kids) I was always a bit apprehensive when I had to work with boys. I didn't know their lingo, likes, dislikes, etc. I was much more comfy with girls. Well, obviously things have changed. After 5 years of being surrounded by little men I can't imagine what I would do with girls.
I love the dirt, the dinosaurs, the sword fights, racing cars, towers, bikes, wrestling, etc. My boys go from being chased by dinosaurs while fighting off ferocious dragons, to suddenly running up to me and handing me a dirty fist full of dandelions and rocks. What more could a girl want? Seriously. I love it. Every minute. (okay, not ever minute...but most) Little men are for me.
I mean, really, what could be cuter than five little men entranced by a...
I could just eat em' up! (the boys, not the caterpillar)
I could just eat em' up! (the boys, not the caterpillar)
4 comments:
does Randy know about this? I think you'd better tell him before #6 gets any bigger.
I've missed you the last week. It's been a little lonely in the blog world without your posts, which always make me smile.
Little boys are fun, but I'm not sure 12 year old boys are as much fun. I'm struggling a little with mine. Any suggestions?
Hey, you're back! What a sweet post. I love little boys, too... for all the reasons you mentioned. Little Man has come up with the coolest helicopter sound effect and I keep making him perform on demand.
I always told myself that I wouldn't get all "pinked" up for a girl, but I love pink now, too.
What we love and get into for our kids! :)
They are totally worth every second. Thanks for helping me stop and smell the kids today.
me too!
Me too!
I so get it!
Post a Comment