Only the pile is even higher now, since my new washer wont be delivered until friday, and this picture was taken on tuesday. So, the gratitude here is that I haven't had to do laundry ALL WEEK. It is a beautiful thing. My boys look a little rough, and they smell a tad bit funny...but we are used to that around here.
The next thing I am thankful for has become a recurring theme in my life lately. My husbands MORTALITY. In a nutshell, Randy had pneumonia a month ago and had a chest x-ray. He gets on antibiotics and is fine. Dr's call us last week (2 weeks after the x-ray was taken) and tell us after further looking at his x-ray, they have found a MASS on his lung and he needs to go for a cat scan. So, last week was a bit of a blur with dr visits, scans, and the worst....WAITING. He is fine. His lungs are clear. He will not be dying of lung cancer. But I have insisted he stop smoking and hunting. Especially at the same time. No more. He's done.
But, I really am grateful it all turned out fine,
and it did give us time to reflect upon what is really important...
and that is CANDY!!

I hope you all have a sweet day, don't even think of doing laundry, and give your favorite man a big...
disclaimer: For those who aren't sure, Randy is not a smoker...except, apparently for that one time in fourth grade behind the school building. I wont tell if you dont!!
6 comments:
Yea, no doing laundry! How does a washer break after only 5 years? Did you try to clean one of your boys again? I'm glad Randy is O.K. How many close calls does a person have to have!
Eek! Glad everything turned out okay. If you decide you do in fact want/need to do laundry before you get your new washer, give me a call and you can come on over.
When you get your new washer, can I bring my laundry over? It sure seems like lots of things like to attack us at once, doesn't it. Hang in there and I'm so glad that Randy is ok and that I'm not the only one that was smoking in 4th grade.
Ooohh, Ade I wish I lived closer and I would come and help you out. I know exactly what it feels like when you see a heaping pile of laundry awaiting your tired body, especially after such a stressful and exhausting week. I am glad things have come out in your favor. Sometimes those types of wake-up calls are good for our soles and makes us appreciate little things a lot more than we might have. It sounds like you could also use a break.............a cabin sounds really good right now. Love ya
You are my hero.
Better to have your washing machin sick than your husband, after all. Your laundry pile doesn't look so different than mine in a normal week- isn't that sad? I'm glad Randy is ok too, and cute pix of the kiss! Call me.
Post a Comment