Friday, February 1, 2008

Craft Day!!

So, today I declared it "craft day". I am sure my boys would of rather heard me declare that it was "dinosaur day, jedi day, or pirate day", but that feels like everyday to me. So, in attempt to do something different today, we crafted! Here is what we made...

It was so fun and easy. The boys LOVED getting their hands painted, and were so excited to push them onto the canvas. I thought it could potentially be a huge disaster. But, I am happy to report that the paint stayed on the hands, and only the hands. Nobody ate it, rubbed it through each others hair, or painted any walls. Total success for this household. I hung them in the hallway outside their bedrooms and when they walk by them they point and say "hands! hands!" So cute.

Also thought I would include a picture of the cute vinyl my sis gave me. So easy and fun.

I put this on the wall above the twins cribs.




I found these red plates on clearance at target, and Janae printed out the saying. Thought it would be a fun neighbor gift next christmas with a cookie mix sitting on it. Thanks Janae...I have NEVER been this prepared!!

So, I think I need to declare "craft day" more often. Such fun to do something out of our routine.

8 comments:

rosebud said...

how cute!!! I love visiting your blog!! Cute crafts and great music!

Ashley Baird said...

Who in the world has time for "craft days" when you three little boys running loose. I am very impressed Ade and the crafts turned out darling. About my blog, I know I told the Sisters of the Traveling Fonts about our family blog, but you must have been intoxicated from the perfume spray that was present. Anyway, i am glad you got one up and running, now I can keep in touch more than twice a year with you!

The Letterman's said...

Ade the boys prints turned out cuter then you described! Can you tell me again how you did them, I must do them for Abs and Sophie, glad you liked the vinyl! They look cute!
J

snakeriverwalton said...

I agree with Ashley; how DO you do it? Share some talent with the rest of us, will ya?

snakeriverwalton said...

me again- when i returned to your blog from making my first comment, your playlist was WAY different- Snoop Dogg and the like. Go Rapper Ade!

Rachel said...

Ade, I LOVE the handprints. Please email or something and explain exactly how you did it! I couldn't figure out if it was paper, or what. I love doing crafts, but am not too creative when it comes to getting ideas. I always need to copy someone else. I would love to have your "recipe" for them.
You are too cute! I would love to come and see your house. I am jealous of home improvements.

Susan said...

I am so impressed! You are the best mom ever. I also want the "recipe" for the handprints. They are adorable. I love the Santa Cookie plates also. Why can't I think of ideas this far in advance? Why can't I find red plates on sale at Target? Why can't I think of what to do with a red plate IF I saw it on sale? Why, why, why? You inspire me. I want to be just like you!

Susan said...

You kill me ... I look on your blog when I'm bored at work and I'm always impressed! Cut it out!

I can't believe you do "craft days" with the kids - you're the best mom ever. I too want the "recipe" for how you did the name/handprints. I'm very impressed by the cookie plate too. Why can't I ever think that far ahead? Why can't I ever find red plates on sale at Target? Why can't I think of something to do with the red plates if I found them? Why, why, why? :)