Leave it to me to get so excited about this...but I have finally figured out how to digitally scrap my photos. I haven't scrapbooked in the traditiona sense for many years now, and it has always bothered me that I am not recording my memories. Well, all that has changed now. I feel like this whole big bad world of digital possibilities has opened up for me. I can print my pages at costco and just slid them into a binder, or I can have a place like shutterfly put them in a hardbound book. I have also figured out a great system for organizing my photos and saving/backing them all up. It is amazing how great this feels. Not to mention that I can sit down and "scrapbook" on a moments notice, or if I only have a few mintues. I am a happy girl. I still have a TON to learn, and am just doing basic stuff...but for now, it works for me. I am also thinking differently about how I scrap. I think I am done with the chronolgical stuff...more just about moments, memories, etc...who cares if they aren't in order. Who cares if I have a page about the birth of Izaak next to the christmas tree hunt 6 years later? I am using my iphone photos as well, which feel to me a bit more like daily real life stuff.
This segment totally clicked with me. The idea that I am telling our story. And esp. starting at minute 2.08 when she talked more about the chronological stuff. Good stuff!
http://studio5.ksl.com/index.php?nid=71&sid=22979119#ooid=1wb3V4NjqKgLfYHj6dzsK0gUfcR67Zkb
3 comments:
How did you do this? I love it! Miss you and your boys!
wow Adrian those look great. glad it is so fun for you :)
Still love your blog SO MUCH! What digital scrapbooking program(s) are you using?? I've been toying with digital scrapping for years but haven't taken the plunge. I LOVE the pages you've posted - style, layout, colors - all so, so great.
Post a Comment