Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Izaak the Hunter!

Izaak and I went hunting for deer last Saturday. We took the shotgun with just in case. I had Izaak leave the shotgun in the jeep while we hiked up a steep canyon. While we were hiking we came across a whole flock of ruffed grouse. He was a little cross with me for having him leave the shotgun in the jeep. I told him that if we saw them on the way down we would get the gun and come back up for them. I didn't know if he would have the resolve and the energy to hike back up the canyon again. He did, and we gave it a good effort to locate these elusive birds. Izaak was rewarded for his efforts with a clear shot on a large grouse. It was his first grouse and it was enjoyed by all at Sunday dinner.

2 comments:

megantonesforever said...

Wow! Great shot izzak!

megantonesforever said...

I mean, Izaak!