Randal turned another year older. The big 40. He won tickets to the Jazz game which happened to be on his birthday. He and Izaak went to the game and had a great time. Randy also won a gift card from work this past week. 40 is proving to be his lucky number.
I have been tearing apart our kitchen and doing lots of home improvement and cleaning out. I have 4 bags of clothes and toys ready to donate, and today I finished the "island" section of our kitchen. It looks awesome and am so excited to get moving on the cabinets. I also got all of our doorknobs throughout the house painted and re-attached and they look great. So far, I am happy with the results. I am a bit weary of the endless trips to Lowes and Home Depot, but I am learning a lot.
Things have been breaking left and right as well. It started with our car engine. Luckily we just needed a new battery. A few days later it was the kitchen faucet. Last night it was our front door lock/doorknob. So, several hundred dollars later, these things have all been replaced. We are hoping it comes in three's, and we are done now.
Boys are back in school and we finally found a new piano teacher for Izaak this week. She is awesome and we are excited to hear the piano playing again in our home. Just found out the science fair is in 3 weeks and the boys really want to do projects. I really want them to participate too....it is just a lot of extra work. But, hopefully we can pull if off.
I have been helping in the boys classes once a week this year. I was thinking of cutting back to every other week. But after today, I might stick with weekly. I really do love being in their classes and working with the kids. Today I actually got to be with Ben in one of the centers I was helping with. (up until today, I have been in the classroom, but not actually had the opportunity to work with one of my kids) He was soooo excited to have me there and actually be working with him. He kept giving me hugs and kisses, and telling the other kids in the group that I was his mom. It was just so cute. I did feel a bit bad because I could tell Mason was envious. He kept looking over at us and tried to sit as close to me as possible while still being in the group he was suppossed to be in. I tried to make eye contact with him several times and flash him the "I love you" sign, and give several winks. Man, being with these boys gives me so much joy. They are amazing.
4 comments:
I hope you are taking lots of before and afters because I already thought your house was just right! I'm excited to see what you've done iwth it.
And as far as helping. I have helped in kinder classes with Little Man (I didn't really know I could with Tiny Toes). At our school right now, they schedule parents to come help during library time. It is SUCH an inconvenient time (both first thing in the morning, two days in a row), but I do it because my kids want me to -- I know they wont always want to see me at school -- and I wont always have the opportunity to help as they get older. And someday, very soon, I know this "season" goes far too quickly! I'm so glad you are helping! You will never regret it!
oops, I meant ...and someday, very soon I know this season will be over...
Sarah said you were spray painting your door knobs and redoing your kitchen with bead board. I want to see pictures!
ooo, exciting changes. It is alot of work but will be worth it!
Post a Comment