Monday, October 10, 2011

Birthday Boys

My babies are SIX! They were so excited for their birthday. On the 5th of October they told me that "today is October five and we are five...and tomorrow is October six and we will be six!"
Lego's, banks, a marble maze and star wars lego video were a few of the surprises.  Along with new bikes for both the boys that they discovered in the basement a few weeks before their birthday.  (My fault.  I had forgotten we hid them down there, and I sent them down for some bottles of peaches, and they came up pretty excited...and it wasn't about the peaches!) 

This is the present Izaak bought for them with his own money.  He spent 15 dollars of his own money to buy them a "Spy Kit".  He ordered it from his scholastic book order from school and was pretty darn excited to give it to them.  It was all his idea which made me a pretty proud mom. 

They both asked for a police car birthday cake.  I did my best.  I wasn't too thrilled with it, but of course, they thought it was great.
They took turns blowing out their candles.  Ben first with 6 on one side...
Then Mason with 6 on the other side. 

It was such a fun day.  These boys of mine are so much fun.  I adore being their mom and feel so grateful to have healthy, happy boys who love each other. 

3 comments:

The Letterman's said...

Can't believe your babies are 6!! Holy Cow!

SassyMonkey said...

Looks like a really fun birthday. They are such sweet boys. Hope they have fun with the bikes and that the weather holds off so they can get a little riding in!

Eryn

Kathryn said...

Oh my goodness - SIX?!? Your boys just melt my heart. :) Happy Birthday to Mason & Ben!!