Wednesday, June 1, 2011

70 YEARS

These pictures aren't the best. I took them with my phone. My real camera is in the fix it shop. However, I LOVE these two pictures. Definetly ones to cherish. My grandparents celebrated their 70th wedding anniversay last week. Really cool milestone. My grandpa is 93 and my grandma is 89. We had a nice dinner with a program from their children. Then they had an open house after that for friends. They also had my grandmas scrapbooks set out on 5 different tables. She has like 40 or 50 huge albums that she has done all by hand. She has chronicled just about everything...and everyone. All her kids, events, grandkids, great grandkids, etc. So cool, and made me feel like such a slacker. I really need to ramp it up. I just cant seem to get in the groove.


This picture is one of my mom and all her grandboys except two. (one is in Idaho, and one is only 5 days old) She was trying to get them to sing along during the program to an oldie but goodie.


Izaak stayed for the open house to help serve/clear tables as people came and went. He had a really great time and even made a few tips! I think he can be quite a charmer with the adults sometimes. He told me all about the friends he made that night. He later got to go home with Grandpa and Grandma Linde and spend the night at their place. He loved that.
Anyway, I feel very blessed to still have my grandparents on this earth. I still learn from them...and learned something new that night that I will share later.

1 comment:

it's me, andrea. said...

Izaak was a little charmer that night, so cute! He did a great job babysitting Garrett while we all loaded the cars. I took a couple cute pictures of him and just realized that I never blogged about the party! I'll get the pictures up soon. :)