Thursday, February 10, 2011

A 5yr old perspective

Mace & I were having a serious talk about not telling lies. He had been sent to time out for telling us he had indeed brushed his teeth when he clearly hadn't. Our talk began like this...

Mom: Mace, do you have something you need to tell Mommy?
Mason: I forgib you mommy
Mom: You mean I'm sorry?
Mason: Oh yeah, I forgot that. I'm sorry Mommy.

We then talked about what lying is, telling the truth, etc...It was such a sweet little talk we had and Mason kept getting tears in his eyes. I teared up a bit too.

Mom: Mace, telling lies is one of the most awful things you could do.
Mason: With tears streaming down his face and in all seriousness says "Yep, but poisoning someone is the most awful too."

I had to pull him close and give him a big hug so he wouldn't see me holding back my laughter. Not sure where he got the whole poisoning concept thing. One thing I am sure of though, Mason is a tender heart who melts mine on a regular basis.

3 comments:

Trimble said...

Adorable. I know who to NOT upset and accept food/drink from. ;)

SassyMonkey said...

This is funny because I was just thrilled the other day when Kate lied during our card game. I had to tell everyone!! So the fact that Mason knows how to lie is awesome, hehe. And he really does have a good point about the poisoning, haha. What a smartie.

The Letterman's said...

Hmm Abby is too good at the lying part it's the feeling bad issue we are currently dealing with-wait I think she feels bad she gets caught, not that she actually lied. ahhh!!