
SNOW! Yay! I hope it stays.
A few hours later I looked out my front window to find a dear friend on his 4 wheeler plowing our driveway. Randy left for work at 5 am this morning, not to return until 6pm...so this was an especially nice surprise for me.
I walked to the neighborhood park with the boys and we spent a few hours sliding down hills on plastic sleds. It was a beautiful day. The snow was falling the entire time we were sledding. It just felt peaceful and perfect for Christmas.
Then, my dear friend, and neighbor, brought over a huge pot of homemade chicken noodle with hot homemade french bread. Not to mention some sweet homemade treats and a gift for my boys. She is a busy mom with young kids. She didn't have to do any of it. My friend who plowed this morning didn't have to do this.
It has been a neat day for me as I've reflected on the spirit of this season. Friendships, service, thinking of others. I feel very blessed to live in the neighborhood that I do. So many good people who have really become such good friends.
1 comment:
Sounds like everyone is taking time to serve. Wonderful. That is where the true JOY is. And there is always someone who needs us.
Post a Comment