Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To-do list

Had a different day today. This past week I have been a bit overwhelmed, stressed, etc. I have been talking with it about Randy. He has given me good advice and help. However, it wasn't until I read my friend Carrie's blog entry yesterday (title: "My to do list") that things started clicking. I love making lists. I always make lists. My list never ends and really never gets any smaller...even when I am constantly crossing things off. My lists tend to stress me out and always hang over my head, more than it gives me peace.

Anyway, go read what Carrie wrote. She is good with words and says it much better than I.

I added a new "section" to my list today...and put it on the top. I want to continue to do this and always keep this section at the top. I got everything done on my new list, & one thing on the rest of the list. My day was wonderful. I feel better today, than I have in weeks. I panicked a bit when my neighbor came over and walked into my kitchen...it didn't look exactly like how I would have liked it to look. That feeling passed quickly when I thought of my boys. I think they went to bed knowing their mom thinks they are tops.


Addendum. It has been a few days since I wrote this. Today was not a great day. I fell right back into my old to do list. Change is hard...but tomorrow is a new day.

3 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

Every day can't be the perfect day. All we can do is keep trying to make our kids feel special. Keep up the good word. I think YOU are tops.

Anonymous said...

I am so much like you. I relate to everything you're saying. This post sums up my dilemma since the day I had Lauren!

Trimble said...

Let me help you. Stop making lists! ;)