Friday, October 2, 2009

3rd Annual Backyard Campout

This one was special because the twins were finally old enough to sleep outside. The boys love doing this and think it's so cool. Helping Dad set up the tent



Hot dog roast for dinner.

Followed, of course, by smores...a family favorite.

Just hanging out by the fire.



I managed to catch a quick picture the next morning before they got too far away from the tent.

Randy is such a good sport and has fun doing this with the boys. I enjoy all the activities up until bedtime. Then I wander inside to find my own bed.

(Somebody has got to hold down the fort while the boys are "away".)

8 comments:

Trimble said...

So fun! Your back yard looks beautiful!

Kathryn said...

How fun!! I kept checking out the garden though... We may be dropping by if there's an emergency. ;)

Kim said...

How fun! I agree with the others, your yard is gorgeous.

Carri said...

All that green! I'm so jealous. We used to do the backyard campout, too. And I ALWAYS went inside to my bed. Best way to camp.

Gail said...

What a great family tradition.

shauna/doug said...

Thanks for sharing your life with us. It is so exciting to see what is going on. The campout looks wonderful. What memories!

The Letterman's said...

sounds like my kind of camping!

Susan said...

You are the BEST mom and dad in the whole world! I love your blog (and am very impressed with that garden)!