Guess how smart I am? Yep, so smart I thought it was a good idea to put up TWO trees this year. I am so loving this decision right now. Now I have two places to clean up when I hear a loud "POP" and run to see what could make such a noise. Of course, I knew before I even saw it that ornaments were breaking...I just didn't know HOW until I saw the plastic Fisher Price hammer in Mason's hand. The best part of this story is when I put Mason in time out I left him there for a few minutes. When I went back to talk to him I kept telling him "Mason, what do you say? Mason, look at me", etc....He wasn't even paying attention to me. He kept looking away, and then giving me this blank stare.Then he looked at me and said "I not Mason mommy, I Ben!"
I think I need a time out. Alone, in my room, for many, many hours.
12 comments:
Hehehe. I have a ton of extra plastic ornaments if you would like to borrow some for the bottom of your trees. :)
That's really funny. Poor Ben, I bet Mason was watching and realizing the possibilities!
I really needed a laugh today. Thank you.
I thought that this year my kids were old enough to understand what it means to put the ornaments on the tree ONCE and then not touch or move them again. Not so. Too bad. I'm going hoarse from yelling at them to "LEAVE THE ORNAMENTS ALONE!!!"
At least you didn't hit him with the hammer. I would've been tempted.
THAT IS CLASSIC!!!
It is sooooo great you have a blog to document that moment!!!
When he is 30, with a wife and kids of his own, you can reminisce about that very moment, and the two of you will have that one single glimpse that only you two can share.
Too funny!
Ade... you need me to sign in to comment... really? lol
ookkkaaayyy... I'll do it. ugh!
That is great. you should have an ornament smashing party when Christmas is over and you can get them really cheap at Walmart. That could be a family home evening.
Okay this is a CLASSIC. Thanks for sharing.
That is SO FUNNY! I've had dreams I had twins (nightmares after reading your blog) and I can't tell them apart! :)
Maybe you'll have to be like Michael (The Office) and mark one of them on the arm...
I guess the best part is "I not Mason". Thank goodness they know who they are! Enjoy these times while they are little. I know it is trying, but one day you will laugh about it and what fun that you have it all documented for your kids to see! Love Mom
go youtube "charlie bit my finger again!"... you'll laugh!
Very funny. Poor little guy. I know what you mean about needing a "timeout" for yourself. I would love it if someone would put me in timeout for a while!
That is so great. I love it. I bet Ben didn't though!
And oh, I KNOW the need for a mommy time out.
Post a Comment