Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday (has it already been a week?)

1. Izaak's sense of humor. He really does have one. He makes me laugh every day. This is good because it brings me back down and helps me remember what really matters and what's really important.

2. Blogs. It really has become an outlet for me. It has helped me feel connected to my friends and family, made me realize we are all in this together, and brought fun new recipes into our home...as well as some fun crafts. I cant wait to get my blog book made in January.

3. Randy. He really is my anchor. He loves me despite my moods, and neglect. I could go on and on, but he is my best friend and there is no one else I would want to share this life with.

4. Finally...Spray on bandages. Everytime I have to use this product...(which was twice yesterday...cut two different fingers while canning tomatoes yesterday) I marvel at the ability it has to form around your wound and seal it up in an antiseptical cocoon. It is beautiful. I love it. I never want to be without a bottle of this stuff. Seriously. If you haven't tried it...you must.

Disclaimer: (It's NO fun for kids. It dries clear...no spongebob, spiderman, or dora motif magically appear. No one can tell you have a bandage on and thus no extra sympathy for your "owie". No tearing it off 20 minutes later and asking for a new one. You cant leave it lying around the house for your mom to pick up...or sit on. It's just no fun.

3 comments:

Carri said...

I'm glad all kids do that with bandages. Actually, my husband leaves his used ones lying around, too. Gross! What's a blog book?

Sandra said...

I loved this post!!! I'm still laughing at the last part!

I have never used spray on bandage... didn't even know they exist... and I have three boys!

rosebud said...

When Little Man gets hurt he crys more about the possibility of having to have a bandaid than the actual wound... The shot of them crying in the doctor's office was more about the bandaid!