Friday, March 7, 2008

Here's a riddle for you...

There was a man back in 95 who's heart ran out of summers
but before he died...I asked him, wait, what's the sense in life?

He said...
Son, you gotta sing that tune, catch a Dylan song,
or some eclipse of the moon. Let an angel swing
and make you swoon, then you will see, yes,
you will see.

Then he said...
Here's a riddle for you, find the answer...
there's a reason for the world,
You and I.

Picked up my kid from school today,
did you learn anything cause in the world today
you cant live in a castle far away...
now talk to me, come talk with me.

Dad, I'm big, the world is smaller than small
In the scheme of things, were nothing at all
Still every mothers child seems to know this song
Play with me, come play with me
And hey, Dad...
Here's a riddle for you, find the answer,
there's a reason for the world, You & I...

And that is why all 3 boys looked like this when dad left for work this morning.

I love the kind of Dad you are. Your boys ADORE you. (and so do I!)


(the song is "the riddle" by Five for Fighting...listen to it all if you like good lyrics. Love this song!)

2 comments:

rosebud said...

Love the song and the sentiment! We've come along way since swooning over Glen Medeiros!! Check him out on the wiki -- he's a school teacher now!

The Letterman's said...

love it, I teared up!
amazing what songs say when you really listen/read the lyrics, the pics were perfect!
sweet memories